The Transportation Solutions Group Operations position will report directly to the Team Leader. They will be responsible for the day to day operations of our brokerage department and work closely with our divisional fleets, brokerage carriers, railroads, and customers to coordinate and manage freight requirements. They will work with our other divisions/carriers to help satisfy customer requirements and determine truck availability and rating. They are also responsible to assist in booking and tracking rail moves, organizing and assigning loads and updating our operating systems with all required load information.
- Assign and monitor loads by staying in contact with the customer and carrier base
- Work hand in hand with our customers to manage and organize their freight requirements and determine load details
- Responsible for customer development and preparing quotes on a timely basis
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and carrier base
- Consistently and accurately detail communication with customers and carrier base to ensure we provide the utmost in customer service
- Assist in the development of a strong carrier data base
- Effectively manage the customer and carrier requirements to provide a win-win for all stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional communication, organization and job planning skills
- Superior customer service
- Attention to detail is a must
- Solid foundation and understanding of the transportation industry, rules and regulations including Hours of Service requirements
- Intermodal rail experience an asset
- Must be able to problem solve and make decisions quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, AS 400 as well as other customer internal operating systems
This position will be based in Hagersville, Ontario. This job is a permanent full time position.
We thank you for your application, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now »